ΜΗΚΟΣ ΑΚΤΩΝ ΝΗΣΟΥ
ΑΕΡΟΔΡΟΜΙΟ / ΔΙΕΘΝΕΣ
Sifnos (Greek: Σίφνος) is an island municipality in the Cyclades island group in Greece and is situated between Serifos, Kimolos and Paros. It is about 75.6 n.m. from the Port of Piraeus. It covers an area of some 73.942 km2, and its coastline is about 705 km long. South of the island is the small islet of Kitriani, with its only building, the oldest church of Sifnos, Panagia Kitriani, built sometime between the 10th and 11th century. The main town, near the center, known as Apollonia, is home of the island's folklore museum and library. The town's name is thought to come from an ancient temple of Apollo on the site of the church of Panayia Yeraniofora. The second-largest town is Artemonas, thought to be named after an ancient temple of Apollo's sister-goddess Artemis, located at the site of the church of Panayia Kokhi. The village of Kastro, was the capital of the island during ancient times until 1836. It is built on top of a high cliff on the island's east shore and today has extensive medieval remains and is the location of the island's archeological museum. The port settlement, on the west coast of the island is known as Kamares.
Δεδομένα σχετικά με την τοποθεσία. Αποκτήστε μια πρώτη εικόνα από των αριθμό των παραλιών, αξιοθεάτων, μονοπατιών και εκδηλώσεων.