The lighthouse was built in 1859 with oil as a source of energy, with a white flash per 3 minutes and a light range of 30n.m. During the Second World War, the lighthouse remained off. In the context of the reorganization of the Lighthouse Network, it re-opened in 1945 with oil as a source of energy. In 1993 the oil machines were replaced, the lighthouse was electrified and operated as an automatic electric with a white flash per 10s and a light range of 22nm.
The circular tower is 17.9m high with a house for lightsmen and is located on the northwest point of Andros, one kilometer from the coast and at a focal height of 201m.
The access to the lighthouse becomes roadly from port of Gavrio.