It was started in 1892. During the Second World War, the lighthouse remained off. In 1945, he reopened with oil as a source of energy. In 1953 and after the earthquakes, a square vstone-built tower with a height of 14.2 m was built at a distance of 80 meters from the house of lightsmen. In 1999, light fixtures were replaced and it begin to work with a power of energy the sun, with a white flash per 3s and a light range of 7m.
It is located 130m north of the point of the homonymous bay and at a focal height of 28m.