It was started in 1899 with oil as a source of energy, with a white flash per 5s and a range of 22m. During the Second World War, the lighthouse remained off. In 1945, he reopened with oil as a source of energy. In 1985 the oil machines were replaced and operated as a solar automatic with two white flashes per 15s and a range of 17m.
The building is a ground floor house consisting of 3 bedrooms, kitchen, hallway, covered area of 90m². The tower is a stone-built of reinforced concrete with an external diameter of 2m, 8m high and 80cm thick. There is a building east of the house consisting of a storage room and an oven. The lighthouse is located on the southern point of the homonymous island and at a focal height of 70m.
The lighthouse is accessible by boat from Mesolongi.