The lighthouse was built in 1901 with oil as a source of energy, with four white flashes per 10s and a light range of 21n.m. During the Second World War, the lighthouse remained off. In the context of the reorganization of the Lighthouse Network, it re-opened in 1945 with oil as a source of energy. In 1988 the oil machines were replaced, the lighthouse was electrified and operated as supervised electric with three white flashes per 30s and a light range of 19n.m.
The square tower has a height of 9.7m and a house for lightsmen. The lighthouse is located at the southern point of Serifos Island, at a focal height of 67m, and is accessed by a 4km dirt road from the port of Serifos, of which the last 300m is in a very bad condition.