The lighthouse was built in 1914 with oil as a source of energy, with one white light a range of 16m and a red sector with a light range of 11m. During the Second World War, the lighthouse remained off. In the context of the reorganization of the Lighthouse Network in 1944, it reopened with oil as a source of energy. In 1989 the oil machines were replaced and the lighthouse was electrified until 1995. After that he became solar creates the occulting light that flashes 2 white with a red sector and then dims 10s. Depending on where a ship is located in the sea the light appears white or red. The white light a range of 12m and the red light shows for 8m.
The ground floor of the building consists of four bedrooms, and two auxiliaries, with an area of approximately 120m².
The tower is circular adjacent to the house of 15,1m. It is located on the west coast of Skiathos-Skopelos and at a focal height of 39m and can be reached by boat from the port of Skiathos.