The lighthouse was built in 1901. During World War II, the lighthouse remained non-operational. In 1948, due to the program of the reconstruction of the damage to the Greek lighthouse network, new lighting equipment was installed and the lighthouse started operating again as an automated torch.
The tower is 7.5 meters high, has a circular shape, a focal height of 34 meters and at its base there is a house for the wardens. It is located on the southern edge of Salamis, near the village of Kolones and can be reached through a dirt track.