Lentils with Rice
1. Put the lentils on a strainer and rinse them thoroughly with cold water.
2. In a large, wide pot, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil and saute the lentils for 2-3 minutes stirring until they are well covered with the oil.
3. Add the tomatoes and mix.
4. Pour the water.
5. Cover and boil in moderate to strong fire.
7. Lower the heat and simmer the lentils for about 25-30 minutes.
8. Pour the rice and mix.
9. Put the mixture again to boil over high heat, lower the heat and simmer, stirring once in a while until it is tied.
10. Try for salt and pepper.
11. Add more water, if necessary, to make the mixture wet.
12. In the meantime, warm the remaining olive oil in a non-stick pan and cook the onions on a low heat until they get a deep golden color for 15-20 minutes.
13. Remove from heat, mix with the cooked rice-lentil mixture and serve.