Church of Agios Nikolaos
The well-hidden small chapel of Agios Nikolaos is located on a hillside of Laimos, next to the nautical club of Vouliagmeni. The story states that the chapel, was constructed by the sculptor Nikolaos Xenos in 1947. He transferred all the construction materials with his boat every morning in order to build this piece of art. According to locals the construction lasted several years. Nothing resembles to a Christian-style chapel, apart from some basic Christian symbols such as the cross and the bells.
The tiny chapel is carved in stone with additions of pebbles, marble and other materials. In the small interior has been placed a number of icons and other religious objects. The chapel that is built just above the sea can be reached easily by following the path starting from the main road.