Church of Epta Martires (Seven Martyrs)
The quaint chapel of Epta Martyres (Seven Martyrs) is pеrсhеd at the top of a rock, next to the medieval village of Kastro, about 3 km from the capital of Sifnos, Apollonia. It is the landmark of the village and one of the most photographed spots on the island, mainly due to its location. It features all those characteristics of a typical Cycladic church with white-washed walls and blue dome. Due to its amazing location, it is chosen by many couples in love, as a wedding destination.
The little chapel is visible from the back side of Kastro. It can be reached through a downhill, winding path that starts from the village. The trail was built with the sponsorship of Nikos Vernikos-Eugenides who was born in Sifnos on April 14, 1920.