The first Gymnasium in modern Greece
It is located on Karaoli and Dimitriou street, on the back side of the Town Hall. It was constructed with plans by the German architect Gerlacher in 1834 in Ermoupolis. Excellent graduates of the High School of Ermoupolis Eleftherios Venizelos, Petros Protopapadakis, Andreas Syngros, the painter Kon. Volanakis, the poet Aristomenis Provenligios and others. In the same building is today the University of the Aegean, Department of Engineering of Industrial Products & Systems.