Μετάφραση

Church of Panagia Limnia or Apano Panagia

This is in the upper neighbourhood of the Town and it is the second parish church of the island. Built in 1838, it is dedicated to the Birth of the Holy Virgin (8 September). It took its name from Limni Evoias, as it was built by refugees who left Limni in waves (1790, 1821, 1823) and joined the local residents, making up the current population of the town. In the narthex of the church the skull of the great Skiathan prose writer and novelist Alexandros Papadiamantis, as well as ole icons from Christi and Agios Nikolaos in the Castle