Monastery of Panagia οf Vellianiti
The existing temple of Theotokos on the Holy island of Panagia seems to have been built on the site of an ancient christian church.
It is mentioned in the 1686 list as old and ruined. Probably it was restored by the Vellianitis family.
In 1720 a monastery with ten monks was formed whose revenue was considerable.
August 15th is an important holiday and worshipers are offered beef soup.