Kaiafas Thermal Springs
The Anigrides Nymphes spring has a sodium hydrochloride composition with free hydrogen sulphide in large quantities. The cave (spring) is divided in two parts, the large and the small one. At the large one the temperature ranges from 32ο to 35ο C, while at the small one, from 29ο to 34ο C. The water springs from the ground, at some points hot and at other points cold, it is mixed creating a natural hammam, and is recommended for the following conditions:
- Conditions affecting the musculoskeletal system (lower-back morbidity, ischialgia, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, cervical syndrome, spondyloarthritis, psoriatic rheumatism), gynecological, skin diseases, liver and gallbladder diseases.
- At a distance of about 200 m is the Gerani thermal spring, the waters of which are ideal for positherapy (water drinking therapy).
- Hydrotherapy centre (1 outdoor swimming pool with thermal spring water for kinesiotherapy treatments, 13 private bathtubs, doctor’s room, waiting areas)
- Hotel Olympia, 2*, Rooms: 18 (36 beds), the rooms are equipped with air-condition, refrigerator, television, and offer views to the Kaiafas lake. Their private baths are equipped with showers.
- The hotels are built on the lake’s islet, on an oblong strip of land 1,300 m long and 100 m wide, connected with the dry land by a narrow stone bridge, 85 m long. Near the hotels there are coffee shops and restaurants.
- On the islet there are also outdoor wooden structures for sports activities organized in the lake.
The Kaiafas Thermal Springs can be visited by car or train. The Kaiafas Thermal Springs Hydrotherapy Centre is located at Kaiafas, on the borders of the Municipality of Zacharo and is 27 km away from Pyrgos and about 25 km away from Ancient Olympia and operates from the beginning of June until the end of October.