In Pigadia of Karpathos, in a prominent position, is located the complex of three buildings of the Courthouse. These are typical buildings of the era of Italian domination that were built during the period 1926-36. They have a flat roof and are made with the mixed construction of the Italians (masonry with horizontal and vertical elements of light reinforced concrete). These buildings were the Italian government and similarly the Italians had built on every island in the Dodecanese to make their presence felt. Today they belong to the Greek State.
It is a composition of three buildings, thus forming and defining Alexander Papagou square. The main building is taller (up to 4 floors), thus dominating with its volume and morphology. The other two buildings, with their volume (up to 2 floors) and their morphology, frame the central one without competing.