Church of Agios Konstantinos and Eleni
Kastellorizo's cathedral, Agios Konstantinos and Eleni is an historical church with beautiful icons, built in 1835 and named after the patron saints of the island. It is located on beautiful Avlogyro Square with its patterned mosaics, and is flanked by two schools. Its twelve large granite columns were taken from the ancient Lycian city of Patara, in Asia Minor. The interior of the church is so beautiful and serene. The church has a marble iconostasis and a tall marble bell-tower. The church is believed to have been built on the site of an earlier church, built by Agia Eleni (St. Helen) on her way to the Holy Land.