Gaidaros

Μετάφραση Greek Version

Gaidaros 8250

The lighthouse was built in 1891 with oil as a source of energy, with a green flash and a light range of 33n.m. During the Second World War, the lighthouse remained off. In the context of the reorganization of the Lighthouse Network, it re-opened in 1945 with oil as a source of energy. In 1985 the oil machines were replaced, the lighthouse was electrified and operated as supervised with a white flash per 6s and a light range of 12n.m.

The building is a cruciform house, consisting of four bedrooms, a hall, a warehouse of total area 376m² and outside the building there is a WC of 4.5m². The masonry tower is circular, with a height of 29m, a thickness of 1.40m and a diameter of 1.80m.

The lighthouse is located at the top of the homonymous island, two miles from the port of Ermoupolis, at a focal height of 67m and access becomes by boat from the port of Syros.