Ioannis Sakelliadis Οlive Μill
Ioannis Sakelliadis’s olive mill on Naxos is housed in the Kokkos tower house in Kaloxylos, which, according to an official record, was built before 1664. A manual olive mill was first operated on the ground floor in 1880. The facility was electrified in 1928, thanks to a diesel-fueled generator that supplied the entire Tragea valley, but ceased operating in 1987. It is now open to the public.