Μετάφραση

Monastery of the Jesuits

It is located in Ano Syros and the building complex includes the church of Panagia Karmilos (1581) which is considered to be the metropolis of the island until 1639 under the name of Panagia Rodariou.

The monastery, founded in 1744, has a very interesting architecture and houses the icon of the Virgin Mary, which is believed to have been moved from Rome.

It has a great library with old books, historical documents, manuscripts and parchments.