Chios Municipality Art Gallery

Μετάφραση Greek Version

Chios Municipality Art Gallery

Art lovers will be thrilled by a visit to the Art Gallery administered by the Municipality of Chios, at the centre of the town. The construction of the building that houses the Gallery began in 1939 and was completed in 1954. It was designed by the architect Ioannis Despotopoulos. Until the mid-70s the Public Baths operated there. The building was turned into the Municipal Gallery in 1984, under the administration of Mayor Yiannis Boubaris. The permanent collections include works by Diomataris and Mytarakis and also wroks of contemporary Chiot artists. Apart from art exhibitions the Gallery cooperates with other cultural institutions in order to host various art events.