Image not available

Μετάφραση Greek Version

Skamnia 7170

This lighthouse first worked on 1863 and manufactured by the French company of lighthouses near to Sikaminia village in Lesvos Island. The altitude of tower is 5 m and the height of focal plane is 14 m. Included in the Greek lighthouses network afterwards the Balkan Wars the 1912-13. In the begining was fuctioned with "live" flame that was raised with mechanism of pulleys in a metal column. In 1981 it was supplied with electricity. The access to the lighthouse is enough difficult from the land. Leaving behind Molivos and Eftalu villages, through tight paths and enough walk, arrive in the cape Korakas , where the lighthouse stands proud but lonely just 6 naval miles opposite from Turkish coast.

Lantern house