The lighthouse was built in 1890, when the area was under the Ottoman Empire. In 1947, he joined the Greek Lighthouse Network. During the Second World War, the lighthouse remained off. In the context of the reorganization of the Lighthouse Network in 1949, it reopened with the installation of a temporary automatic acetyline torch until 1957, when new lighting equipment was installed and operated as supervised with oil as a source of energy. In 1982, the oil machines were replaced and the lighthouse operated as supervised solar with a white flash per 10s and a light range of 17n.m.
The building is a ground floor house consisting of a corridor, three bedrooms and a kitchen. There are two storage rooms and an oven in the yard. The masonry tower has a circular shape internally and externally of 10m high.
The lighthouse is located at the southwest point of the island, at a focal height of 55m and can be accessed by boat from the port of Kefalos, Kos.