It was started in 1864, when the area was under the Ottoman Empire. During the Second World War, the lighthouse remained off. In 1944, he re-opened with oil as a source of energy. In 1985, the lighthouse was electrified and operated as a supervised electrician until 1995. Then he fully automated with three white flashes per 20s and a range of 20m.
The building is a ground-floor house consisting of 4 rooms, a hall, a kitchen, a storage room, and a WC, of a total surface of 110m². The external tower of square shape is a stone-built, instead the interior is circular of 14m high. It is located at the edge of Kavoulias at the entrance of Pagasitikos Gulf and at a focal height of 16m.