Monastery of Kimisi Theotokou of Skiathos
This is west of mountain Karaflytzanakia and close to Kechria, and it is about 8 km from the town. Built in 1540, it is a post-Byzantine Monastery of Mount Athos style with a cross-style three-niche main church. It was renovated in 1738 but collapsed at the beginning of the 19th century. Murals from 1745 are still preserved, and also the wood-carved temple with 18th century icons and two cells. There is a spring dated back to 1727.