The Glarokavos lagoon is an old swamp that turned into a lagoon with the opening of the mouth. In 1970, after dredging works and the construction of the marina by the Greek Organization of Tourism (EOT), turned into an ideal shelter for small fishing and private boats. It has a length of 1500 meters and a maximum width of 400 meters. The mouth opening is 25-30 meters wide. Northwest of the marina there is a 19th century church dedicated to Zoodochos Pigi and to the Annunciation of the Virgin. On the northwest shore of the marina and at a distance of about 150 m. there are masonry of a late Roman-early Christian settlement.
The Glarokavos lagoon is located in a Natura 2000 Special Protection Zone due to its wild flora and fauna. This natural pool is surrounded by pine trees and a beautiful, sandy beach. It is one of the most beautiful and special places of Halkidiki and is located in the Kassandra Peninsula, about four and a half (4.5) kilometers from Pefkochori.