The lighthouse was built in 1903 with oil as a source of energy, with a white flash alternating with a red per 10s and a light range of 15n.m. During the Second World War, the lighthouse remained off. In the context of the reorganization of the Lighthouse Network, it re-opened in 1945 with oil as a source of energy. In 1983 the oil machines were replaced and the lighthouse operated as a solar supervised with a white flash per 10s and a light range of 16n.m.
The building is a masonry house consisting of three bedrooms, kitchen and hallway, total area 70m². The masonry tower is circular of 18m height, 0.80m thick and 1.70m in diameter. Outside of the building there is a warehouse, bathroom and WC of a total area of 17m².
The lighthouse is located in the northwest of the islands of the narrow Andros - Tinos, at a focal height of 33m and the access becomes by boat from the port of Tinos.