Image not available

Μετάφραση Greek Version

Lefkimmi 0070

Southwest of Corfu, at Lefkimmi, is the homonymous lighthouse of the area. Before that, the role of the beacon had an anchored boat that in 1825 tied to Alykes Lefkimmi with a powerful lantern on its deck to protect seafarers from the shallow waters that stretch for more than a thousand meters from the shores and pose a great risk to passing ships. The Lefkimmi Lighthouse was permanently built in 1890 on a stable square base and has a height of 5 m.

Metal framework