Church of Panagia Eleftherotria of Salamina
The church of Panagia Eleftherotria is located on the hill Patris. The temple was a valet of the island for its release from the Germans, as many Salamis had been killed on the hill because of mines. In the ruins of German guns, the temple was built in 1998 to commemorate the release of the island by the Germans on October 12, 1944. For that reason, Eleftherotria was named and celebrated on October 12th.