Monastery of Agios Nikolaos
The coastal road that goes to Mandraki is branched out in Mandraki and, with a dirt and easy road, ascends to the women's Monastery of Ag. Nicholas , which the visitor reaches after approximately 1 hour.
At first the Monastery was male and its foundation was established in the year 1675 by an unknown Skiathian Holy Monk. It is located on the hill of Ombori and is about one kilometer from the Holy Monastery of Agia Triada.
The Byzantine temple is an octagonal dome, and the sacred icons of the wood-carved iconostasis, which are new, have an old and great Byzantine art, dating back to the 17th century.
In the times of the Ottoman domination and after the liberation, the monastery presented acne and many brothers were exercised and graced by the protection and blessing of St. Nicholas.
Then was donated to the Holy Monastery of Trikeri. After the war of 1940 the Monastery was in decline. Her last "captain" was Hydra's late-haired Hieromonk Arsenios Vemis, who for about thirty years stayed there.
In 1983, the Monastery which was deserted after the death of the Hieromonk Arsenius, was transformed into a female, so with the blessing and support of the Church, its universal renovation began.
The holy temple of Agios Nikolaos was completely renovated, while all the monuments of the monastery were adorned and remembered in a miraculous way.
The devotion and assistance of the Hydra and other pilgrims to the restoration work of the Monastery was touching.