The lighthouse was built in 1892 with oil as a source of energy, with an extended white flash per 30s and a light range of 23n.m. During the Second World War, the lighthouse remained off. In the context of the reorganization of the Lighthouse Network, it re-opened in 1945 with oil as a source of energy. In 1983 the oil machines were replaced, the lighthouse was elecrtrified and operated as supervised electric until 1988. After that was done his full automation with a white flash per 10s and a light range of 24n.m.
The circular masonry tower has a height of 10m, continuing on the ground floor, the hourse for the lightsmen. The ground floor consists of a corridor, three bedrooms and a WC with shower and kitchen.
The lighthouse is located on the southwest side of Thira, 350m from the coast, at a focal height of 100m and access is through a paved road from the port of Thira to the entrance of the Lighthouse.