Church of Agios Sevastianos of Syros
The chapel of Saint Sebastian or "Sa-Bastia" is listed in the list of temples of Syros, which was compiled by Bishop Dominikos Maregos in 1631. It was outside the settlement of Castle or Chora and already in 1667 it became official litany to this temple because The saint was celebrated as a protector by the plague epidemics. In 1697 he was in good condition, with Frangoulis Baptism the commissioner. In 1805 the first enlargement of the original church was made, and in 1829 Bishop Alosios Blancis founded the parish of Saint Sebastian. In 1831 the temple took its present form, with the addition of two wings, a sacred and a dome, while in 1842 the bell tower was constructed. The great icon of Saint in the Sanctuary was painted in Constantinople in 1851. The temple is at the foot of Ano Syros.