Statue of Guilford
The statue of Guilford is dedicated to the philhellene Lord of Guilford, Frederic North (1766 – 1827), who lived in Corfu and left behind a great work primarily in terms of art and letters. Among other things, he re-established the Ionian Academy which, established the Greek Language and operated until the Union of the Ionian Islands with Greece. The statue of Guilford is located in «Boschetto», in Kato Plateia (Lower Square) of Corfu, at the edge of Spianada. The statue of Guilford is a work of art by the sculptor K. Apergis from 1883.