Photo: © Μάριος Στρούθος @mariosstrouthos1787
Bridge of Tzavarena
Τzavarenas' stone bridge secured the connection between Vytina and the villages of western Gortynia. It is a single-arched bridge of historical and architectural value. According to historical records, it was built in 1868 on the site of an older bridge that had been swept away by the rushing waters of the river. It was named after a woman with the same name from the village of Vytina for some unknown to us reason or after the nearby natural pools known as "Tzavarenas' lakes".
The single-arched bridge is located between Vytina and Nymfasia and spans over Mylaontas river. It is crossed by the path that connects the two villages. The walking distance between Vytina and Nymfasia is about 2 hours and of moderate difficulty. Best period for hiking is from May to September.
Photo: Marios Strouthos @mariosstrouthos1787