Photo: © Argyris Pafilis
Bridge of Svoliani
One of the most beautiful bridges is the two-arched bridge of Svoliani that meets the river Pramoritsa. It was built in 1851 with the actions of Papanikiforos, who first built a watermill there. The craftsman was Georgios Antonopoulos from Saint Savior.
The bridge of Svoliani, on the river of Pramoritsa, is located in a beautiful natural landscape in Ano Voio and is a typical example of the technical ability of the Voiotis craftsman.
It is one of the most impressive in terms of static stone bridges in Greece. A very large bow, one part of which presses on a high rock, creates the feeling that it is a natural continuation of it or even that it is in the air. Together with an even smaller one, they give a steep slope to the bridge.
Finally, the bridge of Svoliani in the homeland of the stones, is a monument of the old folk architecture of the stone bridges in Western Macedonia, which makes it a remarkable attraction for visitors to the area.