Photo: © Dimitris Karkanis - Flickr
Bridge of Verga
It is a single-arched stone bridge that spans over Inachos river, tributary of Aliakmonas. According to tradition, it was built around 1800 AD by craftsmen from Epirus. Along with the bridge of Tartana, served the communication and trade needs with western Evritania and Argithea. Maintenance was carried out in 2007, therefore it is now in an excellent condition. The stone bridge of Verga is located 5 km from the village of Nea Malesiada, right next to the provincial road that connects Agrinio with the bridge of Tartana.