Μετάφραση

Bridge of Vovousa

The bridge is located in the center of the village of Vovousa next to the square and bridges the Aoos river. It is one of the largest single-arched bridges in Zagori. It used to have a stone parapet that was replaced in 1936 with a wooden protective railing, making it the only one in Zagori with this feature. The bridge was built with the donation of Alexios Missios from Monodendri, and its descendants undertook its maintenance for many decades. It is worth mentioning that in the same year that the bridge of Vovousa was built, Alexis Missios made another donation for the construction of another bridge in Zagori which is located at the entrance of the ravine of Vikos gorge and bears his name.
 
It served both the villagers in their daily travels and those who wanted to move from Zagori to Western Macedonia. In the old days there were 4 inns on both sides of the bridge.