The bridge of Plakidas or Kalogeriko was built in 1814 and is located near the villages of Kipoi and Koukouli in central Zagori. It bridges Vikos river, right after its confluence with the Bay river. Its main characteristics are its toothed windowsills and the harmonious arrangement of the three arches. For this reason, it was also called "moving caterpillar", a characterization that is perfectly justified if one looks at it from one of the surrounding hills.
The monastery of Profitis Ilias operated a watermill at that point and the the bridge was built in order to replace the older bridge and to make the passage safer. It is a three-arched bridge that was originally made of wood, but after the sponsorship of Abbot Seraphim, it was turned into a stone bridge and was named Kalogeriko.
Later, it it took the name Plakidas after Alexis Plakidas, who repaired it in 1863, while in 1912 Eugenios Plakidas also restored the bridge and he built there a fountain. In 1977 the bridge was seriously endangered when some contractors considered it a good idea to pass the road over the bridge. After many protests by the locals, the plans changed and the road changed course.
The bridge served the people of the two villages in their everyday agricultural work. It also served the communication between the villages of Dilofo, Asprangeli and Elati, with the nun's mill. It is one of the most photographed bridges in Zagori and one of the few three-arched bridges still survived. The famous bridge will surely impress you with its picturesqueness.